Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy Holidays!

I've been in Nova Scotia (still am, actually) and so I've been a tad busy. I also decided not to bring my computer on this trip so that I could maximize the time I spend with my family (though, truth be told, between THEIR computers, and our collective tablets/iPads/phones, it didn't make much of a difference).

I had a great trip though. Saw friends, laughed a LOT with my family, and spent quality time with people here that I don't get to see often enough.

What has been on my mind this week, and for the past few weeks, is New Years. I decided that since I'm doing 29 more goals this year, I would not be making formal resolutions this year, but I really like the idea of taking time around New Years to reflect on how things are going. And I've been doing that a lot.

It has been a tumultuous year for me. I won't get into all the details, but if you have been following along with this blog you know that I have had my ups and downs. And now I will be opening a whole new chapter of my life in 2013 with upcoming internships and job prospects. There is a lot to reflect on.

Coming into this family reunion with that in my mind made me really watch my family members and what qualities they possess, and which of my qualities came out when I was with them (both good and bad). It was interesting to interact with people and being so mindful/reflective of how those interactions were going and what part of my personality was at play.

So I decided that in place of formal resolutions I would make an attempt to consciously adopt those qualities that I saw in my family members and admired. Let's all it New Years Inspirations rather than Resolutions. And they are:

  • Patience
  • Generosity
  • Determination
  • Curiosity 
  • Kindness  
This isn't to say that I possess none of these qualities in any degree, but rather that I think I would benefit from remembering them and trying to live with them as a more prevalent part of my life.

Any guesses as to which family member is which?? haha

No pictures today as I am on my sister's computer - sorry kiddos.

Now - to nap until my friend arrives with her TINY new baby. Delightful.

Much love to each of you and all the best in the New Year! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment