Monday, December 17, 2012

Hello!


Oh, blog. You have been so neglected. This is what happens when I work stupid hours (70+ hours of childcare the other work. If you don't have kids, you have no idea how awful that is. If you do...hug me!) I've also been busy with school and trying, TRYING, to see people before I leave. Alas, I don't even really have time now for a proper update, so I resort to point form.

Random things you may be interested to know.


  • Classes have wrapped up for this semester. I have one straggling assignment to hand in, but then I'm FREE. Next semester I am hoping to find an HTML/CSS tutor and I will be auditing an editing class. But until then, I am going to bask in the glories of no school. 
  • I picked up some new yarn the other day to knit some BABY BLANKETS! Seems like all my friends are giving birth or getting impregnated these days, so I had best get a-knitting. It is very exciting though and I can't wait until my latest project is a little further off the ground so I can show it to you all (right now it is 2 rows of knitting...not so exciting). 
  • SEWING MACHINE!!!!!! This is all I think about some nights. I totally have failed at getting all the quilt materials but I will check out some places when I'm home. 
  • Lots of my family members picked really heavy/long books for me to read. Jerks. (j/k)
  • I have 100% dropped the ball on the cards. Awful, right? I'm going to force my artistically inclined sister to make a bunch with me when I'm home and then get one of those card-organization-boxes like my grandma used to have. I've accepted that I am just turning into an 80 year old. It's cool. 
  • NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS! I'm not making any. Ha. Instead, I'm formulating a mantra for 2013. I haven't quite got it down yet, but it will involve having more fun. Sometimes, I get so caught up in all these things that I am doing that I forget to actually enjoy myself and see the lighter side of things. 
  • Starting to panic about the trips. Just a little. Someone wanna drive to Boston/Chicago with me? PLEASE?! Also don't know when I will make it to Vancouver now as there is an important wedding to attend during the time I was planning on going. And it is on the other side of the country. 
  • Oh - I think I'm gonna move. Yup. So I can haz dog now?!
  • Job stuff - still waiting to hear back on a number of things. Trust me, if something exciting happens, you will not be able to avoid hearing about it.  
  • Currently emailing with one of my most favourite authors about his new book. We are going to get together to talk about it in the new year. I friggin' love this kind of stuff. LOVE.
  • What else....Oh yeah!
  • I GO HOME IN LESS THAN A WEEK AND ALL MY SISTERS WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!! I am foolishly excited, clearly. 
That's all! I will try to be more attentive to you, sweet little blog, in the coming weeks/months. Things just got a little crazy there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment