Thursday, January 3, 2013

Quick Little Updateroni


  1. My new lover moves in this weekend. Must organize and clear room for the exciting arrival. 
  2. Internship continues to be great. I work with smart, wonderful people and I am going to learn SO much. Can't wait. So far I've learned how to scan things REALLY well. Hey- gotta start somewhere! 
  3. OMG SHEEZER SHOW NEXT WEEK!! Who wants to come with? Jan 10 - DO IT! 
  4. I'm reading Indian Horse, one of the Canada Reads finalists. It is a devastating novel - it makes my heart ache in so many ways - from sadness, joy, love, just all the emotions. I am going to get a reflection up on my other (VER neglected) site asap. 
  5. Weird sidebar: I recently FB creeped an ex from ages ago and whoa. Just whoa. Have I always had HORRIBLE taste in men? (don't answer that) I need an old school matchmaker or something, because clearly I don't know ANYTHING. 
  6. I fell asleep on the subway this afternoon. 
  7. My head is full of some kind of heavy stuff at the moment that I am having a hard time processing. Normally I would just write it out here and be done with it, but it involves others and I don't want to make things worse. Annoying. Such is the negative side of having people who know you IRL read your journal. 
  8. DID I MENTION SHEEZER?!?
  9. The weirdest thing happened last night. So I listen to hypnosis recordings to sleep at night (I have a long and complicated relationship with insomnia and anxiety around sleeping). I listen to the same recording every night and it always works - relaxes me, clears away my anxiety, puts me under and helps me decompress the day before falling asleep. I was never one to believe in this kind of thing, but honestly, the second the chick says "one" I am under. Aware but in a totally relaxed state. It is weird and awesome. ANYWAY. So I was listening to it last night when I started to hear almost layered voices under the hypnosis lady's voice, all talking in unison. It was CREEPY. I still went under like I usually did, and they didn't tell me to burn anything, so I guess it is all good, but weird. Just thought I would share.
  10. In the next three weeks I have the following fun times: a birthday party, a soup exchange (YUM), book club, a book launch, a class to audit, a concert (SHEEZER), and a good old fashioned par-tay. Plus lots of great reading to do. 
  11. Life is good, guys. Really effing good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment