Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whole Person

I like to make plans in advance so that I fill my days with lots of different things.

I like to stay at home, with a book or some knitting and turn my phone off and enjoy my own company. 

Being in bed early on a weeknight does not make me "lame" - it makes me better at my job and able to do it well. That matters to me. 

I don't think that there is anything wrong with staying out with friends, having drinks and getting a little rowdy until the wee hours of the morning. I am not drinking now though, so it is no fun for me. 

I wake up really early. Even on the weekends. 

I like my home. I want to spend time there. 

More often than not, I make plans to see PEOPLE. What we do is secondary. 

I care about things like art and music and I want to experience them more. 

I listen to the CBC everyday. 

I don't know any new bands and I'm okay with that. Maybe it makes me less cool, but I like to experience music through others and will get friends and family to fill up my iPod. 

I don't watch TV much. 

I am branching out socially and making new friends and meeting new people. This is really important and exciting for me.

I believe that staying connect with friends and family is important, but the way you do that is to communicate with them, not just physically show up and be in the same room. 

I'm single, but I certainly don't feel alone. 

I am at the same time entirely the same person I have always been, while being nothing like I was 5 years ago. (or 10 or 20 or even 1)

I have had a lot of struggles, but I am better and stronger for them. 

I deserve to be treated with respect. 

It's been a crazy week guys. Both REALLY REALLY good with the internship and finally having this part of my life come together. But all really really hard, having to question myself and what I am doing and the decisions I make. 

What I have learned this week is I need to be try to be more empathetic and understanding. To make more of an effort.  To try to remember that everyone has things going on behind the scenes that I don't know about. I had some great times this week though, with old friends and new, so I am thankful for that. And for the majority of people in my life who have been supportive and understanding with everything I'm doing. It is pretty great to have so many people rally behind you in the way that I have experienced. 

So onwards! This week has LOTS of fun stuff in store: tea dates, a book launch, a concert, a soup-party, a book club and a Yurt. Oh yes, I will be wrapping up this week in a yurt. Yurtastic!




No comments:

Post a Comment