Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas!


For those of you who follow me on Facebook/Twitter/Intagram you will have seen the photo of my tree already and/or heard about how much I adore it. This is my first Christmas tree that is MINE. I picked it out, I bought it, I lugged it home (actually, I adorably bear-hug-carried it through Home Depot and into a ZipCar, but you get the point). I am in lurv with this tree.

Today my mom's ornaments arrived. The same ornaments that adorned every tree I have ever known personally, all through life. I was SO excited that some of these would be on my very first tree and so I got the package home as soon as humanly possible and began the decorating process.

In my family the tree decorating tradition is as follows: We eat cheesies (cheetos) and we listen to Amy Grant's "White Christmas" album or "Pipin' Hot Christmas" - a bagpipe compilation CD of Christmas songs (did I mention my dad is a bagpiper? My dad is bagpiper). Awesome.

So with Cheesies in hand and Amy Grant beltin' out the tunes, my Tree got done up. It was pretty fun seeing all the old favs come out and I am tickled with the result. My plan is to keep some of these and add to my collection every year with one nice ornament gift to myself. Someday I will have a pretty eclectic but memory-filled tree. Heck, I already do :)

Snacks and decorations 
Weird white elephant

Inexplicably disgruntled Teddy

Above: Lanky Skiier; Below: Ballerina on Horse

The Finished Product!

I love it!!! 

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment