Saturday, November 3, 2012

Goal #24: The Concert

The point of goal #24 was to help get over my fear of doing things solo. There have been past events that I wanted to go to, but when no one wanted to go with me I would miss because I didn't want to go alone. So this one was an attempt to push the boundaries of my social comforts a bit.

So I went to see Sheezer last night. I made the plan and bought the ticket all on my own - no plans with others. Then as the date of the show grew closer, I mentioned it to friends and threw out the "you should come" invite. So while I PLANNED on seeing them alone, I ended up going with a friend last night.

It was AMAZING. I didn't get home until close to 2am and still couldn't sleep. I wanted to relive the whole thing.

Anyone who knows me super-duper-amazingly well knows that The Blue Album is hands down my favourite album. Ever. EVER. And it would soooo cool to hear it live. These women are SO talented and they absolutely killed it. Awe.

One of the best parts was the crowd. You know when you're at a bar and "Say it Ain't So" comes on and EVERYONE sings along, just belting it out from the gut? Imagine that only every song. Every person. Lee's Palace was packed and everyone was loving the hell out of their set. It was an amazing energy (yes, I know how corny that sounds but I DON'T CARE because it was awesome!)

Oh, plus they dressed up as KISS.

Amazingness. I have a giant girl-crush on them.

Plus - yay! Went out to a show! I am definitely going to do this again. It was a lot of fun (though very tiring). I even ran into a friend there who was in one of the other bands playing - Planet Creature. So cool!

Please excuse the quality of my photos - iPhone and zoomed in = not idea at all.

Opening band - Pins and Needles. They were 14 years old. Like in age as people, not in age as a band. 

Planet Creature. So great! (and totally creepy costumes!

Sheezer - The Sweater Song. They pulled up audience members to do the dialogue. 

So Good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment