Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Check-in

Here we go - let's check in with all of my 30 goals, shall we?

1. Run 5k This is still on hold
2. Do 1 month COMPLETELY vegan
3. Quit My job STILL applying and waiting
4. No Alcohol for the year Trucking along nicely, no problems here! Even made it through the Giller Light party with not one drink. 
5. Learn to knit and make something I can wear The scarf is ALLLLMOST done. Also, I have some exciting news on what the next project will be....hint...it is something crazy that may have me in WAY over my head! But in a great way. 
6. Make a quilt Still waiting for Santa to bring me my sewing machine. He is such a stickler for timing. 
7. Volunteer for a particular charity/organization (more to come) Starting the research phase. 
8. Turn my apartment into a home (ie - put up shelves) Did some nice painting and DIY projects this month. The next area I want to tackle is the dining room I think and my bed frame. 
9. Have a Yard Sale In the spring, Yo
10. Go to Vancouver Decided on August. 
11. Print 20 photos every month - make an album Okay - I did an okay job with this one this month. Last month was kind of slack, but this month i tried to step it up. The biggest challenge was feeling weird about taking photos with other people around, OF them. For example, there were none taken at Thanksgiving because I just didn't want to both people to get all in one spot for one. Keep in mind we were already in my apartment. Anyway. I'm going to try buying a disposable camera this month and then top up those pictures with iphone photos. But overall, I did much better this month I think. 
12. Host a dinner party - cook it all yourself! Well I kinda did that with Thanksgiving, but I don't think it counts because a) the main course was gross/not done on time and b) there weren't enough chairs at the table for everyone. I want a nice sit-down dinner for this one. 
13. Travel to Chicago Not yet. 
14. Throw someone a surprise party Shhh
15. Make cards for all friends/family birthdays and anniversaries Did MUCH better on this one. I haven't mailed ONE card (that is done and sitting next to me - oops!)
16. Mail one personal, hand-written letter per month Putting it in the mail this weekend. So I couple days late. Damn. 
17. Donate my Hair Going to contact a salon and talk to them about participating if I can raise a certain amount of money as well. 
18. Go to the dentist later 
19. Start a retirement fund later
20. Read 1 book, watch 1 movie, and buy 1 album recommended by of each of my family members These are still coming in. Or they are supposed to be. I need to bug my family more. 
21. Journal for the whole year - either on the blog or on paper This one should be revised. I am doing a better job of sticking to the schedule...sorta?
22. Try rock climbing again - buy a 10x pass and use it up within a month Scheduled for later on
23. Take myself on a birthday "date" on or close to the 8th of every month - reflect on how things are going with the list/in life/etc. Done
24. Go to each of the following: a poetry reading; a book event (non work related); a concert - all by myself I bought myself Sheezer tickets! The show is tomorrow so that will get crossed off then, but I bought them in October and made the plan to go with or without anyone else. 
25. Try some kind of kickboxing/ass whooping class. later
26. Call each of my sisters for a sit-down conversation once a month (I have a lot of sisters so this will take up most of my Sundays) This was definitely lacking this month. I called Anne and Ailsa more than Sarah. And Anne by far the most. In my defence - they are REALLY hard to get a hold of! I may need to revise. 
27. Sign up (and go) to a beginners art class Doing some book binding soon!
28. Travel to Boston Not yet
29. Get a credit card (shocking I don't have one, right?) Still waiting. I may need to check in on this one. 
30. Become a member at the AGO, MOCCA and ROM Just one left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment