Monday, November 5, 2012

Crafty Crafterson

This blog post will be coming to you in two parts.

Part One:

QUILT!

Well, I mostly already talked about this in my past post but there is more to say on the subject. First, my mom actually read my blog! Rejoice! I have managed to bully my own mother into taking interest in my life! Anyway, she thought the quilt idea was great and assured me that Santa would make the sewing machine happen in a couple months. I'm excited. She also agreed that my latest idea is a fun/good one: A Quilting Circle!

I don't know if there is anyone else in Toronto who wants to discover the lost art of sitting around a room with other ladies, sewing and drinking tea, but I think that sounds like a delightful afternoon, personally. So I'm going to try to get a quilting circle together. If anyone is interested please email me (carriemacmillanATgmailDOTcom).

A few details:

  • You don't need a sewing machine to participate. 
  • We would all bring materials to work on for each session - you could be cutting material, basting sections together, sewing details, or attaching larger pieces with my (soon to be) sewing machine. 
  • It really is more of a social gathering than anything and so anyone who is remotely interested is more than welcome. 
  • Adorable food and drink will be served 
Part Two: 

How much longer should I make this? 



It doesn't seem quite long enough, although it can do this:



Thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. You should make it long enough so you can wrap it and still hangs down like that -- trust me, in the winter months the 'chest warming' effect of the extra layers around the opening of coats is critical (Walking 3-4k every morning to work, I speak from experience!)

    ReplyDelete