Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Best. Day. Ever*

Today I took one of the kiddos I take care of to the ROM. I got my membership last week and wanted to take advantage. We had a blast! Well, as much of a blast as one 29 year old single chick and 19 month old kid can have.



On the way home I got an email from the people I am sending/receiving treats from in a vegan food swap - so delightful! Basically it is a chain letter, but with food - you send a package to someone and you will receive one from a different person. I'm excited to put mine together and definitely excited to get treats in the mail. Part of the swap is that you blog about what you get, so you will definitely see all my goodies later in the month.

The afternoon flew by and I got home before dark for the first time in AGES. It was a real treat. After catching up with my neighbours/landlords/wonderful people I share a house with, I got my mail and came upstairs. My mom had sent me knitting needles and crochet hooks that belonged to my grandma! So sweet and wonderful.



So I called her to thank her and she, out of the blue, told me I was talented and sweet and smart and all these other nice things. I mean I know that she is my mom and is obligated to think those things, but my family isn't particularly mushy when it comes to telling each other stuff like that, so it meant a lot that she made the point to share her thoughts.

Tonight I am making vegan pizza, homemade Lara bars, and writing a review of Inside for my book blog. Expect an update on the food (teaser - I just finished the Lara bars and they turned out amazing).

After a terrible week last week and a draining weekend, this was a truly awesome day. Thanks, universe. You're all right sometimes.

*Not really ever, more like best day in the past month or so. Gimme a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment