Monday, October 8, 2012

Makeover Makeover

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a great day.

So after my book making DIY afternoon at Hanji on Saturday, I made my way home via Home Depot and arrived paint in tow. I decided that it was time to turn my ugly bookshelves into something I could actually stand to look at. As previously posted, I like the paper-painted look, so I used a variation of that and whipped up something. I think I did a pretty good job! Check it out:


Primed, painted and pasted some decorative paper on the back. 



Everything back in place - looks nice, no? (Ignore the dining room chairs.)


Next to the drawers that I found on the side of the road. Quick paint job and some new hardware made a huge difference. Painted these in "Forest Glen" - the picture doesn't really do the colour justice. 


Primed, painted, and a change of hardware. Not bad. 


happy in its new home. 


I also did my night stands, but I think I will wait to reveal those unti my bed frame is also done. 

Besides, I'm exhausta-pooped from making dinner all day. It was great though! With the exception of the stuffed peppers, which were not great/done on time (stupid lying recipe!) But hopefully my homemade brown bread rolls made up for it. 

And the highlight of the meal? This vegan, gluten-free pumpkin pie. Pecan crust, delicious pumpkin filling. And look how pretty!!!!!


I used this recipe from Oh She Glows - the pecan crust and classic filling. Delish! (And so pretty).

It was a great night with friends, even if the food wasn't spectacular (stupid lying stuffed pepper recipe - seriously! Not cool!) I haven't had people over really at all since my break up, so it was nice to have other people around in my space. I think I was a little starved for socialization. 

I'm super pleased with how this weekend went - I got a lot done around the house and made some yummy food, had friends over and was reminded of all the things I have to be thankful for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment