Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mac and Not-so-Cheese

Hey...Nutritional Yeast. C'mere and sit next to me a sec.

I gotta say, I wasn't really digging your "look" before. The yellow flakey thing you were doing, it wasn't really working for me. Sure, I'd heard good things about you, but I had something else in my life. Something I didn't think you would ever be able to replace. Cheese and I had a good thing going and I didn't want mess that up by mucking around with something new.

Then, well, this whole month got a little crazy I guess and Cheese was just out of the picture. Boom. Gone. I thought I'd be fine on my own, but pretty soon I started missing all those great dinners Cheese and I had shared. And it got me thinking...maybe...well, maybe you could help pull me through. Nah, I didn't NEED you, I didn't even WANT you. I just thought...why not give you a try? Why not look past those strange yellow flakes and have an open mind.

And Nutritional Yeast, baby, you Rocked. My. World.

That lasagna last night had me going back for THIRDS. Cheese never did that.

And the sweet sweet Mac and "cheese" we made tonight left me speechless. I licked the spoon. And the bowl. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I liked doing it. It was delicious.

You may not ever fill that special place in my heart that Cheese has, but I'm makin' room for you too. Because this - this thing we have going - it is no fling. This is the real deal.

Gluten-Free and Vegan Mac and "Cheese" with organic edamame. 
xxoo

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment