Friday, October 5, 2012

Psst...

I made my vegan Thanksgiving dinner menu today. Nothing weird or scary for the omnivores coming over to dine, just lots of really good, hopefully tasty, vegetable-based dishes. My biggest concern is that right now I have 4-6 people coming, plus myself, and only 2 chairs at my kitchen table (and only 4 dinner plates!) Methinks a trip to Ikea is afoot...

Also, I found something today that may mean I will get to put a big check mark next to one of my 30 goals. I don't yet want to say which one, but it is exciting! I have to figure out some details before I know for sure.

My plans for the weekend pretty tame. I am going to buy some primer and purple paint (more a lavender) as well as some new hardware and spruce up a set of drawers I have. I also want to paint all my bedroom furniture, but that will probably have to wait. I have a bunch of mis-matched pieces that I am going to replace hardware on and paint. I've been looking through pinterest looking for some ideas, but I not really made a plan yet.

I'll leave you with some project ideas that I'm toying with trying.

I love the colour on this one and how the simple hardware change give its it a whole new look. 


This is an Ikea hack (Hemnes) and I loooove it. I love the colour and the paintable wall paper detail. This is also much closer to the style of my dresser, so I think that I may do something along these lines. Not the paper and trim (because I am NOT that skilled) but the colour and maybe some white porcelain hardware?  


Not a fan of the top of this one, but I like the open section underneath. My side tables are UGLY but I could easily take off their front doors and get this open look. 

My headboard needs some work too. I have NO ideas. 

Alrighty. Friday. Let's do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment