Monday, October 15, 2012

Vegan Dinner

Today has been one of those days. No, not one of THOSE days, one of the other kind - it has been completely wonderful. Work was awesome, and then I had the most amazing evening with a friend discussing life-stuff. I just feel like I am firmly in the right place. Things are moving a little more slowly on the career-front than I would like, but I am in a really good place otherwise. It is pretty awesome.

Then I got home tonight and decided to try out the recipe for vegan burritos that a friend had sent me. Hollllllllllllllly they were GOOD. These are definitely going into the permanent rotation. And surprisingly fast! I used the Carrie-style of cooking which is best described as "throw stuff together without measuring, stir, and eat" and it worked marvelously! Check it out:

Lime-cilantro rice, black bean and corn burrito filling, guacamole 
Sooooo tasty. And filling. And healthy. I also added some vegan cheddar cheese into the burrito filling, and as I expected it was MUCH better in something that taking a leading role. It was yumtastic. Can't wait to eat it again for lunch tomorrow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment