Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Goal!

As my regular readers know, I have been trying to think of something to replace the "get a dog" goal on my 30x30 list. I've come up with a few ideas and had some suggested to me, but nothing has really stood out.

Then, during a moment of inspiration, I thought of it! It keeps with the theme of "things that I've always wanted to do but for some reason have put off." It isn't anything big or hard or super challenging, but something that I feel strongly enough about to want to do by the time I'm 30.

I'm going to donate my hair!

I've had some very important people in my life touched by cancer and while hair donation isn't money donation which would help work towards a cure, it is something simple that I can do that will make a positive impact in a sick child's life. I'm working out the details on how long it has to be etc. etc. but I imagine I have some growing to do so that I can get 10 inches of hair that is all about the same length. So maybe this spring you will see pictures of me in the barber's chair getting a new hair do :)

See ya later, ponytail!

No comments:

Post a Comment