Sunday, September 2, 2012

Getting Organized

If this were a job interview and you asked why I think I'm qualified to complete this list of 30 Things in a year, I would tell you I have the one quality that it all boils down to: a near obsessive need to organize. Especially when it comes to time management - I need to map out projects down to the most ridiculous detail. And I am awesome at it (toot toot goes my own horn!)

So today I made some lists. And by the time I had finished I was feeling pretty good about my chances of getting all these things done (okay - some of them I am still totally unsure as to how/when they will happen, but with those I'm using my other above-average skill: ignoring the problem). 

Basically "The Project" breaks down into two groups - those that I do once and are done and those that are ongoing and require a little more attention. Of those ongoing items, the one I'm trying to get prepared for (because I know if I don't it is going to sneak up on me and then get out of control) is the birthday/anniversary cards and the monthly letters. It doesn't sound like much, but both are projects that a) require time and thought and b) need to be done ahead of time so they can be mailed. Enter Organizational-Carrie. 

I have made a list for each month, on which I have (and will continue to add) the birthdays and anniversaries of those I am going to send something to. 

Also on these monthly lists are the particular one-time goals that will be done that month, as well as milestone goals for the on-going goals (Eg - the "have a scarf done by November" goal I mentioned in the last post). 


As for the blog, I am going to add a widget with the appropriate monthly list of goals somewhere on the page that makes sense, so that people can see what I am planning on checking off that month. Also, I don't think I'm going to be linking EVERY post to facebook since that will get annoying and they aren't all going to be interesting (unlike this SUPER interesting post), so maybe I'll start a weekly "round up" of things I did that week/reflections/whatevers and just link that post to facebook. I dunno. Thus far people have seemed kinda interested in the project, but thus far they have only had to read two (now three) of these things. We'll see. 

Oh! If you want me to send you a card on your birthday then please let me know either in comments below on in comments on Facebook. You must be willing to give me your mailing address and potentially share the disastrous end result of my crafting attempt on this blog. 

That's all! Time to watch the news with my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment