Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blogger Fail / September Wrap up

Yeees, I have been neglectful. What can I say? Real life got in the way. Real life like work, school, more work, errands, and work (again).

Things are trucking along though. For those of you reading this via Facebook, you are likely aware of my nutty electric shock injury (gas stove ignitor got me and messed up some muscles in my neck. It hurts. I slept for 15 hours last night). That has been a real bummer. I made a trip to Ikea yesterday to puck up some "make my apartment a home" stuff and had to leave in a hurry because I was in so much pain. Even now, almost 48 hours after the initial injury, I am hurtin' - my head is in a permanent tilt to the left, which sucks but makes me seem like a more caring, sympathetic person I think :) Before you tell me to go to the doctor, I am going to. Tomorrow.

Right - to the wrap up:
  1. Running has been put on hold. I REALLY want to start again in October but between my doctor telling me to pull back and now not being able to turn my head, I may have to be a little patient on this. 
  2. Vegan month starts TOMORROW!!!! I have done a bunch of research, have some recipes in waiting, and I've pretty much indulged all my dairy loves over the past week, so I'm ready to go! Expect to see a lot of pictures of food over the next month. The highlight? Cooking my own completely vegan Thanksgiving dinner next weekend. Gulp!
  3. Quit my Job - not yet. Apps and skill development in progress. 
  4. No drinking - not a problem. (side note: the Bookstravaganza event I went to earlier this month was open bar - OPEN BAR! That one kind of stung) 
  5. Knitting - it is really coming along! Slowly, but surely. Check out my scarf progress (at bottom)
  6. Make a quilt - still trying to find a sewing machine. I think Santa may bring one for me...
  7. Volunteer - putting this one off until later in the year. 
  8. Apartment decoration - doing okay. Got shelves (still need to be painted) and have worked on my work area a lot (photos below). I really want to tackle the kitchen organization next and then once my sewing machine and I meet, there will be a lot of textile work. 
  9. Yard Sale - in spring
  10. Vancouver - no progress
  11. Print 20 photos per month - On my way to print these today! I'll post a photo of the photos later. The thing that I learned this month about this one is that if I want to print photos of things, I need to TAKE photos of things. So events like dinners with friends, markets, outdoor festivals, etc - take pictures of things that I will want to keep. 
  12. Dinner Party - scheduled for later in the year
  13. Chicago - planned for later
  14. Surprise Party - I can't write about that anymore...
  15. Cards for B-days/Anniversaries - Yeah. I sucked up this one this month. Going to make a point of getting on top of October. 
  16. Mail a letter - sending it today!
  17. Get a Dog - Need to think of something new for this one...
  18. Go to Dentist - scheduled for later
  19. Retirement Fund - totally forgot about this one. Shit.
  20. Book/movie/album recommendations from family - they are slowly coming in! I'm excited to get started
  21. Journaling - I may amend this one to journaling specific days. Maintaining this blog daily as well as trying to work on my other one is a big time commitment. So I may need to cut back on this one and focus more on the book blog. Don't worry, you will you still get to hear all about this exciting stuff (</sarcasm>) 
  22. Rock Climbing - I have that scheduled for a particular month. I can't remember which one or find my yearly schedule...I should get on that. 
  23. Birthday date - check!
  24. Poetry reading/book event/concert  - went to Bookstravaganza all myself! 
  25. ass-kicking glass - scheduled
  26. Call my sisters - going really well. It is hard to schedule with them but we are talking a lot more. 
  27. Beginners art class - I found a book binding workshop yesterday! So I am going to do that, but I also want to find an actually weekly class that runs for awhile. 
  28. Boston - scheduled
  29. Credit Card - app sent in. Waiting. 
  30. Museum memberships - going to get these in October
So there you go! I think I'm doing pretty well, all things considering. 

Now enjoy some photos...
Desk-area is coming together slowly; I have too many lots of really great books to read this month; My scarf so far
My younger sister will be the recipient of the first of my hand-written letters. I hope she likes it!  
On a lighter note, my favourite pub has LOTS of vegan options including the best veggie bacon ever. Ever.  





No comments:

Post a Comment