Thursday, September 13, 2012

My ambitious plan for the weekend

The weekend plan is ambitious not only in the volume of tasks I am going to tackle, but what some of those tasks are. There is the list, it should speak for itself:*


  1. Interview Friday after work for another p/t job
  2. Pick up eggs Friday after interview
  3. Spend my night washing down my kitchen and all my floors (the original plan was to go out for a birthday dinner with my friends, but none of them seem to be available. Take out and cleaning it is!)
  4. Run Saturday morning (Ughghghghghghghghguyuugyhushdghsdlkjghsldfg goodie)
  5. Brunch! Something fun! Yay! No one could make it. Boo.
  6. Either:
    1. work all afternoon
    2. go get primer, paint, and wall paper to turn my ugly new bookshelves into something that looks pretty (see below)
  7. DO LAUNDRY OTHERWISE I WILL BE A DIRT BAG! (side note: I don't have laundry in my home and this has never really been an issue. I mean I would definitely prefer to have laundry here, but I kinda like the laudromat, so it's all good. Or was. Enter running, aka: Let's wear something for only 30 mins that is gonna get gross and sweaty. This means that every day that I run, I wear THREE outfits - sometimes four! Running Outfit (1), Work Outfit (2), Potential change of shirt and/or pants for school so I don't have baby snot/sweat/food/dirt on myself in public Outfit (3), PJs (4). This is, in a word, foolish.
  8. Get home and do homework/write/read (fun Saturday night or what?!)
  9. Make chili Sunday morning
  10. Meeting with Internship-supervisor
  11. Knitting and tea! Something fun! Yay! 
  12. Get primer, paint and wallpaper if I had to work on Saturday and couldn't do it then. 
  13. Homework/write/read
  14. Two job applications

Some of those are gonna be fun (yay brunch and knitting and writing and all that!) but some of them are gonna be HARD. 




Namely, the bookshelves. I just don't have any design sense. I  know what I like and I know what kind of feel I want in my home, but I am not good and bringing things together to create a cohesive "feel" for a space. So I have no idea if these bookshelves are gonna be great or look silly, but I am moving ahead with them all the same. I spent $20 on them so I want to keep the makeover cheap too. I really have been digging the look of wallpapered bookshelves like this one. I just don't know how it will look in the space, and if it will be too much to have two of them wall papered, and how bold a paper I should use, and so on and so on. But we will see! I figure they can't look any worse...









*Disclaimer - this isn't an "I'm so busy and important and everyone else sucks" list. It is an "If I don't write all these things down now Imma forget something and feel like a moron" list. 

1 comment:

  1. Try something a little simpler for the book shelf (maybe a more neutral color if you're going for a crazy pattern -- or only one color swatch of shades if you want to go bold on the pattern but not have it overwhelm!) And make sure you have an exacto knife to cut those edges cleanly, because guaranteed if it's a used book shelf it will have a bit of an uneven wave somewhere inside the shelves!

    Such a cool idea though!

    ReplyDelete