Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rain = blah

So my run got rained out this morning. Boo. Yes - I'm actually disappointed. Weird, right? Before you start judging me for not sucking it up and running in the rain, let me just say that it was raining a lot. And I don't own a raincoat/anything that is waterproof. So I think in the interest of not getting sick I did the right thing. I'll go tonight or tomorrow morning - no biggie. I figure a Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday schedule works best for me but I am flexible and will adjust where need be. How often do others run?

On the fun end of the life-spectrum, I am going to Bookstravaganza tonight at the Ritz Carlton here in Toronto. It is a little party thrown by Random House Canada and Chatelaine Magazine to highlight some of the fall releases. It should be fun! I am looking forward to meeting in person of the people in Canadian publishing that I have thus far only dealt with online. The only complicated part is that I didn't find out that I had a ticket until I was already at work this morning, which means I will have to go home at 5pm, change, go to an appointment in fancier attire than normal until 7:30 and then scoot down to the party an hour late, hopefully arriving at 8pm. Living in a big city is fun but sometimes the time/effort to takes to go places really just sucks the fun out of them. In any case - I'm excited to be going! Photos and comments will be coming your way! 

Applying for a slew of jobs during my "break" today. All the fingers should be crossed for me. All of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment